Friday, July 9, 2010

THE FALCON PRINCE is Almost Finished!

I have a few thousand words yet to go, but FALCON is almost finished. It's about that time to write a synopsis, blurb, and a logline for this one. It's going to be somewhat shorter than the previous two books that clocked in at 50K (VIPER) and 52K (SCARAB). Currently, FALCON is only 42K in comparison. Should be finished between 45-47K. I guess that's not too far behind the others. I'm not necessarily worrying that they all should be the same length rather than the same-ish length.

I've learned long ago not to force a story if it's only so many words long. We authors sometimes get caught up in making series books all the same length. (Or is that just me...? LOL) But in reality, readers don't care. As long as it's a good book, they'll snatch it up and read it.

So I will not obsess. Much. Heheh

I should get this one finished within the coming days. I'll most likely go back through it and edit it, either rewording some things, cutting others, or inserting scenes. Basically I write the bare bones project, then go through it and improve it before submission.

I must say I'm exceptionally pleased with this book, as I haven't given the Falcon or his heroine a nice easy road to their HEA. I think readers will be more interested to read the bumps and twists of their budding love rather than the scenes with the villain. Why? Well, because the Falcon was horribly scarred at one point in his life. He has scars all over him, and it's very hard for him to open up to anyone. Watching him slowly come out of his shell and finally succumb to the woman he loves is a very fulfilling read as well as very fulfilling to write. So we shall see how it reads once it's finished.

I'll keep you posted!

~~Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment